What we believe
- Keep Indy Weird is about Culture. We understand that locally owned businesses are what form the cultural backbone of this city and its neighborhoods. They are what invigorate our neighborhoods with its aura of authenticity and a big part of why people want to live, work, eat and shop here.
- Keep Indy Weird is about Commerce. We believe the positive economic impact of keeping dollars circulating within the local economy.
- Keep Indy Weird is about Environment. A strong economy is a sustainable economy, and a sustainable economy is one with as many built-in local networks as possible. We want to make staying local with purchasing decisions as easy as possible for all consumers.
- Keep Indy Weird is about your Happiness. Local businesses not only bring the unique to your world, but they treat you better. They know who you are when you walk through the door. They help connect you and keep you connected to real things. Your happiness increases because your experience with them is more personal.
- Keep Indy Weird is about Grass Roots. Word of mouth connections, real life interactions with the people who create what you love. It's about artists and businesses supporting one another Grassroots momentum is getting consumers and those that influence in your key markets to care so much about what you are doing that they become your cheerleaders and most vocal supporters.
You can make a difference with a few simple steps:
- Make a decision to find and patronize a locally owned business, wherever possible.
- Dine at a local, independent restaurant and treat yourself to a unique and personal dining experience.
- When you shop online with out-of-state companies, it doesn't contribute a dime to the local economy. So check for members who offer the same products, and some even deliver.
- Look for the , logo when you shop.
- Tell your associates, family, and friends why it is important to shop local. We all create our communities. Let's continue to create strong and vibrant Indianapolis as a legacy for those who follow.
Where it all Began:
Homage must be paid to the very first 'Keep Weird' idea that began back in Austin many years ago. The original movement isn't the one you see on 99% of t-shirts etc there now, due to a series of unfortunate events that you can read about on their website, but we want to bring your attention to the ORIGINAL Keep Austin Weird and say thanks to them for starting it.....hope we do you proud!!